IN CONSIDERATION OF the above mentioned student, my child/ward, being allowed to participate in any way in the related events and activities of the SCISA Athletic Association and this school’s athletic program, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury to my child/ward from the activities involved in athletic programs exist, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. Participation includes possible exposure to an illness form infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist.
3. I FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, AND CHILD/WARD, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, and assume full responsibility for my child/ward’s participation; and,
4. I willingly agree to comply with the program’s stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant concern in my child/ward’s readiness for participation and/or in the program itself, I will remove my child/ward from the participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official
5. I for myself, my spouse, my child/ward, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS The South Carolina Independent School Association,
the aboved mentioned school and its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the Event, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage
to person or property incident to my child/ward’s involvement or participation in these programs.
6. I grant permission to athletics trainers, first responders, nurses, and coaches as well as physicians or those under their direction who are a part of athletic prevention and treatment, to have access to necessary medical information.
7. I understand that the physical evaluation for participation is simply a screening evaluation and not a substitute for regular health care.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS,